You’ve learned the S3 patterns, practiced some of them in the introduction course and probably experimented with them in your professional context. Now, it's time to put all S3 patterns into practice with others in this 4 day residential deep dive.
Together with all participants and trainers, we will pull in S3 to self-organise around the continuing learning and unlearning needs of the group. We will start this workshop with driver mapping around a primary driver that concerns our ongoing learning and putting into practice of S3. This primary driver will be discussed and refined in one or two online meetings before the course, to which all registered and aspiring participants will be invited.
During the workshop, the typical drivers affecting a group of people collaborating together for 4 days will join the backlog of matters requiring attention, alongside the ongoing exploration and practice of S3. Beyond a basic frame of the day, the programme remains open for the organisation that wants to emerge. There is ongoing mentoring and coaching available throughout, along with on-demand input from the course facilitators in service of your deepening understanding and skills.
You can expect to leave the course with familiarity and greater fluency in applying S3 patterns and a strong connection to peers as you continue on your journey of experimentation and learning.
Scheduled events during the workshop include:
- The morning welcome and check-in
- Intended outcomes defined
- Driver Mapping to start-up our organisation
- Sessions dedicated to an overview and introduction to other S3 patterns not covered during the introductory course
- Dedicated reflection times
- S3 clinics in which you can explore your personal examples, challenges and questions
- Pomodoro breaks around the clock!
This “hands on” course allows plenty of time for practice alongside the possibility for consultation and S3 clinics regarding real-time drivers you are addressing in your professional contexts.
This workshop is only accessible for those who have attended a 3-4 day introductory course in Sociocracy 3.0 and who are:
- interested in deepening understanding and skills in applying S3 in practice
- wishing to help others learn about or consult on S3
- applying S3 patterns in their organisation.
If you wish to participate in this course and the fee is beyond your means or the value you place on it, please contact us to explore how your attendance may still be possible. We wish to ensure that cost is no barrier to attending Sociocracy 3.0 courses.
This is a residential workshop
We decided to organise this S3 deepening workshop in a residential format, meaning all participants sleep over and stay for 4 days and 3 nights. Next to the day programme, we also spend evenings together, as the group process and the learning continuous in a more informal way. This full immersion allows us to dive deeper into all aspects of S3 and build stronger connections with each other.
The venue and facilities
We have selected a unique place, the former monastery De Kluizerij in Affligem, as the venue for this deepening workshop. Our reasons for selecting this venue are:
- De Kluizerij has a special feel and energy, and it is a very peaceful place in a green area, with its gardens and a little forest. A perfect place to be 'away' from the daily routine and immerse yourself into learning S3.
- It allows us to both work, eat and sleep with a larger group for a very reasonable price. We tried to keep this workshop as accessible as possible for all of you, and the cost was an important aspect of that.
The facilities and sleeping rooms at the Kluizerij are clean and sober. Don't expect much luxury. We'll be sleeping in the former monastery rooms. Every bedroom has a washbasin with hot and cold water. Toilets and showers are shared and on the hallways.
All bedrooms are double bedrooms, with 2 separate 1-person beds. At an additional cost of € 350 you can use one of those as your private bedroom. Please inform us about that choice when registering. There is a limited number of private bedrooms available.
Get in touch with us if you need transport to and from the venue from the (nearest) train station.